The Landmark in Otay is adjacent to the Brown Field Municipal Airport, and is approximately 15 miles from Downtown San Diego, 3 miles north east of the Otay Mesa Land Port of Entry, and 2 miles north of the Cross Border Xpress.
Otay Mesa is strategically located closer to Downtown San Diego and the Lindbergh Field Airport (approximately 20 miles) than any other major San Diego industrial area. It is also at the very center of San Diego’s largest labor market – South County and Tijuana – a major advantage to all manufacturing and other companies. Otay continues to be the most cost effective solution to the space needs of industrial companies in greater San Diego. South County, including Otay Mesa, represents 16% of the total San Diego industrial market of 188.85 million SF, yet will capture an increasing share of annual absorption going forward due to severe land constraints in other areas of San Diego.
Otay Mesa is a strategic region in South San Diego along the international border with Mexico and is home to:
- California’s largest commercial land port of entry with more than $38 billion in trade on an annual basis
- Cross Border Xpress, a unique pedestrian crossing that takes travelers directly into Tijuana International Airport
- A general aviation airport (Brown Field Airport), which is being transformed into a state-of-the-art facility
- A higher education center, Southwestern College
- A highly capable workforce
- State and local incentive programs