Majestic Realty Co. has an evolving expertise in green building and environmentally responsible design. What sets us apart is our commitment to a fully integrated approach. Not only do we have the capability to build green, but also our entire corporate philosophy encourages sustainable practices. From consulting and lobbying for efficient infrastructure and transportation routes, to cutting-edge property management and maintenance techniques, to working with green material suppliers, Majestic wholly embraces a sustainable business model.
With respect to our building portfolio, we use countless sustainable strategies, including:
- Working with clients on lighting and HVAC retrofits
- Installing solatubes to increase natural day lighting
- Recycling programs
- Building ENERGY STAR-rated buildings
- Using reclaimed water for irrigation when available
- Decreasing water usage by removing lawns and irrigation infrastructure
- Using non-VOC paints and sealers
- Project Financial Reporting/Variance Analysis
- Utilizing “clean-technology” such as solar photovoltaics
Majestic Realty Co. also provides expertise to a variety of public and private entities who deal with sustainable initiatives. For example, we have co-chaired a sustainable development committee for the National Association of Industrial & Office Properties (NAIOP), and organized green building seminars. Additionally, we have consulted with the City of Los Angeles on green building and sustainable design policies.