Together we can make a difference
Majestic Realty Foundation
As developers, Majestic Realty Co. builds business parks that serve communities across 10 states. Indeed, this perspective gives our employees unique insight into grassroots community needs. The Majestic Realty Foundation grew out of our realization that community needs were growing rapidly. We saw that great numbers of youth and families were at risk from increasing gang-related violence. We saw that homelessness and hunger impacted more families than ever; plus high school drop-out rates reach epidemic proportions. But we also saw that together, we could make a difference.
In 2002, our company’s longstanding tradition of corporate giving was formalized with the launch of the Majestic Realty Foundation – now the cornerstone of our community investment program. As builders first, we know the value of creating communities of promise, where families and businesses know that their futures are secure and bright. To this end, we have devoted time and resources to build collaborations and provide professional training to help local nonprofits increase their capacities.
Realizing the responsibilities of an industry leader, The Majestic Realty Foundation provides support to our local communities in five key investment areas:
- Violence Prevention
To create a legacy and a model for a financially and operationally sustainable foundation that leverages our capabilities to enhance the quality of life in our communities.
Grantees serve the communities where Majestic Realty Co. does business. Decisions regarding funding and volunteer support are directed by seven Area Planning Teams serving:
- Greater Los Angeles, CA
- San Gabriel Valley, CA
- Inland Empire, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Denver/Aurora, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- New programs in communities such as Bethlehem, Jacksonville, Phoenix and Salt Lake City
Majestic Realty Foundation Fast Facts
- Established in 2002 to move Majestic Realty from passive to active philanthropy
- More than 300 grants totaling nearly $2 million placed in 2006
- Our flagship program, the Los Angeles Youth Leadership Council, brings together students from inner city youth centers for leadership training activities
- National organizations are funded across several geographic markets, including Ronald McDonald House, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs and local Children’s Hospitals
- The Foundation links excess inventory from Majestic Realty clients with organizations in need
- “Get on Board” campaign enables Majestic employees to serve on more than 60 charitable boards, strengthening the nonprofit sector in our communities
- Thousands of hours of volunteer service directed to worthy community-based organizations
We embrace the concept of “active philanthropy,” viewing our involvement as much more than just writing checks to grantees. Instead, we look for strategic nonprofit partners in our communities. In addition to our financial contributions, we take leadership roles in local organizations, donate countless hours and recruit the resources of our clients, vendors, brokers and others, to help meet the many needs in our communities.
Building a Brighter Future, One Student at a Time
In Southern California, the Majestic Realty Foundation’s commitment to active philanthropy is clearly demonstrated through its flagship program, the Los Angeles Youth Leadership Council (LAYLC). As a leadership and teambuilding collaborative, LAYLC brings together 80 high school student leaders from 43 separate LA schools. Each attends one of six inner-city youth centers: the Bresee Foundation, El Centro del Pueblo, Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA), Para Los Niños, Salesian Boys & Girls Club and The Salvation Army Red Shield Center. Through monthly meetings and enrichment activities, the LAYLC empowers students from Los Angeles’ most challenged neighborhoods to develop and apply leadership skills through participation in an annual camp, college tours and forums with high-profile guest speakers. Additionally, students receive training in public speaking, economic literacy and civic affairs.
The Majestic Realty Foundation believes that youth centers have the power to curb youth violence, develop strong leaders and create safe communities.
Driven by a Shared Passion
As a vital part of our corporate culture, the employees of Majestic Realty Co., Majestic Management Co. and Commerce Construction Co., L.P., volunteer thousands of hours for community organizations. Whether taking part in charity walkathons, collecting shoes and sponsoring community-wide days of service, Majestic/Commerce employees have ongoing opportunities to serve those in need, and they never fail to turn out in great numbers. We realize that our team members are our greatest asset. Through the Foundation’s innovative “Get on Board” campaign, Majestic employees freely give their time and talents by serving in leadership positions on nonprofit boards. In fact, currently our employees serve on more than 46 nonprofit boards.
Majestic Realty Foundation Fast Facts:
- Established as a separate 501 (c)(3) in 2002 to move Majestic Realty from passive to active philanthropy.
- More than 300 grants totaling nearly $2 million placed in 2006.
- “Get on Board” campaign enables Majestic employees to serve on more than 46 charitable boards, strengthening the nonprofit sector in our communities.
- Thousands of hours of volunteer service directed to worthy community based organizations.
- Creative fundraisers, such as Denim Days for employees, direct thousands of dollars annually to organizations like the American Heart Association and Sound Art.
- Coordinated by the Foundation, excess inventory from Majestic Realty tenants is placed with organizations in need.
- Named “Outstanding Corporate Foundation” by the Association of Fundraising Professionals at the 2007 National Philanthropy Day celebration in Los Angeles.
- Named in the Top 10 Charitable Foundations in Los Angeles County in 2005 by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Our flagship program, the Los Angeles Youth Leadership Council, brings together students from inner city youth centers for leadership training activities.
- National organizations are funded across several geographic markets, including Ronald McDonald House, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs and local Children’s Hospitals.
Targeted Nonprofit Organizations: The Majestic Realty Foundation funds well-established service providers focusing on youth, education, family, health, and violence prevention in our core geographic markets.
Funding Guidelines exclude Programs that are:
- Federated Funds or Pass-Through Organizations
- Religiously or Otherwise Exclusive
- Lobbying or Electioneering
- Grants to Non-Charities
Types of Giving – Restricted or Unrestricted Grants
- Restricted- Grants Limited to Specific Program
- Unrestricted - General Operating Funds
- Challenge Grants - Matching Fund Campaign for Specific Programs
Priority is given to grants with matching funds from strategic partnerships and solicited proposals.
The Majestic Realty Foundation does not have a specific funding schedule. Proposal submission review and selection are conducted on an on-going basis throughout the year.
To begin the grant request process, nonprofit organizations will a focus and geographic reach matching the Majestic Realty Foundation objectives should submit in writing a letter of introduction which includes the following information:
- Name and Address
- Description of Organizations/Mission Statement
- Organization's Area of Focus - Youth, Education, Family, Health and Violence Prevention
- Federal/State Tax Exempt Status - ID Number
- Description of the Specific Project
- Targeted Accomplishments
- Timetable for Project
- Total Project Budget
If selected as a finalist for a grant, your organization may be asked to provide additional information and a site-visit will be required.
Employee Matching Funds
The Majestic Realty Foundation also has an employee match program
where all employees of Majestic Realty and its related entities are eligible for
matching fund contributions up to $5,000 per year for qualified contributions.
Majestic Realty Foundation - Board of Directors
The Majestic Realty Foundation is governed by a three-member board, which meets quarterly and sets overall objectives. Founding board members are:
Inman is a recognized leader in the philanthropic community in southern California and beyond. She is active in several philanthropic associations including: Southern California Grantmakers, the California Association of Nonprofits and the Council on Foundations. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Literacy Network of Greater Los Angeles, the Advisory Board for the QueensCare Health & Faith Partnership, the Board of Trustees for Three Square and the Advisory Board for Para los Niños. As senior vice president of Majestic Realty Co., she has been affiliated with the company for nearly two decades.
In addition to serving on the Foundation Board, Kiralla is an active leader on its San Gabriel Valley Area Planning Team, helping to plan fundraising activities and identify potential grantees. In the community, she serves on both the board and the executive committee of the Mt. San Antonio College Foundation, where she is instrumental in fundraising, and on the board of the Citrus Valley Health Foundation. As Vice President of Corporate Operations for Majestic Realty Co., she brings a wide range of expertise to the Foundation, including experience in management, finance, legal affairs, operations, and human resources. A 30-year employee of Majestic, she has been influential in fostering a corporate culture that values giving back to the community.
In the Words of Our Grantees…
We are humbled to work with the passionate and committed leadership of our local nonprofit organizations. They are the true heroes in our communities—providing assistance, inspiration and resources. Each day they make a difference in the lives of those at-risk and in need—young people and adults. These nonprofit organizations and their staffs not only provide a safety net, but often they provide the type of support that truly changes lives. We are proud to be part of that process.
“Thank you Majestic Realty Foundation, for walking the walk, not just talking the talk.”
- Pat Harvey, KCAL-TV Anchor - Los Angeles, CA
“Thank you (to) the entire Majestic team for all that you do to help build a healthy economy and family friendly San Bernardino. As a partner in the Operation Phoenix Community Center, you are helping us focus on the restoration of peace in our historic city… Your generosity serves as a foundational pillar in our transformation of the hearts and lives of our youth, which will undoubtedly benefit the future of the city of San Bernardino.”
- The Hon. Patrick J. Morris, Mayor, City of San Bernardino and founder
Operation Phoenix Foundation - San Bernardino, CA
“The students from the Los Angeles Youth Leadership Council offer heartfelt thanks to the Majestic Realty Foundation for providing us with the opportunity to become engaged citizens in our community, achieve academic success and develop leadership skills that prepare us for future.”
- Los Angeles Youth Leadership Council, December 2007 - Los Angeles, CA
“Thank you…This is a very significant gift that will greatly benefit our camping program for children with chronic illnesses and major physical disabilities….I am most grateful for the support of the Majestic Realty Foundation.”
- Vance C. Gilmore, CCD, Executive Director
Camp John Marc - Dallas, TX
“It is upsetting for us to realize how many children in the San Gabriel Valley lack access to basic healthcare. However, support like yours boosts both our spirits and our efforts to do the right thing.”
- Dawn Marie Kotsonis, Director, Community Benefit Development
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital - Whitter, CA
“Thank you for your help in assuring the success of our 2007 programs for children with cancer. Your support helped bring many memories and lasting friendships to the special group of children we serve.”
- Sally Hale, Executive Director
Camp Sunshine - Decatur, GA
“Thank you!! I appreciate your support of what the Mission is doing for so many who have nothing. We had our Christmas dinner last Friday for our outside guests-those on the street-and how humbling it was to watch a young family come in with no coats or warm shoes and still a smile on their face. They had three kids under six and they had just been evicted from their apartment and had nowhere to turn. (We got) the family coats and boots and hats, and a warm meal….(You) indeed helped make someone’s Christmas season one of hope. Thanks again.”
- Griff Freyschlag, Vice President of Development
Denver Rescue Mission – Denver, CO
“All I can say is WOW! No one can ever doubt Majestic’s commitment to this community. Thank you.”
- Jane Taylor, CEO
Pomona Valley YMCA - Pomona, CA
“The Majestic Realty Foundation facilitates its giving and assistance from a completely different and refreshingly compassionate approach. Simply put, they just get it. They have a street-level ability to serve the interests of the precious people who are helped through their giving.”
- Rev. John Huffman, Executive Director
Bresee Foundation - Los Angeles, CA
“The Majestic Realty Foundation’s commitment to building capacity in the nonprofit sector is a model for all foundations and individuals to follow.”
- Fran Smith, Executive Director
Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
“These are the kind of partnerships that really make a difference for kids who live in Los Angeles’ most at-risk and underserved neighborhoods. The students and their families have truly embraced the opportunity to take part in Sound Art classes. We thank the Majestic Realty Foundation for its continued support.”
- Irene De Anda Lewis, Executive Director
The Salvation Army Red Shield Youth & Community Center - Los Angeles, CA
“Whether by volunteering their time at our events or by serving on our board of directors, Majestic Realty Foundation employees always go above-and-beyond to share their expertise with us. Their knowledge and leadership have been invaluable to the YMCA of Southern Nevada as we look to expand our programs and services for at-risk youth in our community.”
- Mike Lubbe, President and CEO
YMCA of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
Majestic Realty Foundation
13191 Crossroads Parkway North, Sixth Floor
City of Industry, CA 91746-3497
Email address: email@example.com